We are seeking an experienced Nursery Hand/Horticulturalist to run the day to day aspects of the retail nursery, including plant propagation, customer service/sales, ordering and pricing stock, pest and weed management and general maintenance.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Implementing production plans for native tube stock and vegetable seedling punnets
• Undertaking daily propagation, potting on, pest and weed management and general maintenance
• Daily till work, providing gardening advice and native plant recommendations to customers
• Monitoring nursery materials, conducting regular stock takes and placing orders
• Supervising volunteers
• The role includes daily till-work and will require some heavy lifting (bagged potting mix, large pots etc) and you must be prepared to work in all weather conditions
• Certificate II or higher in Horticulture or similar
• Prior experience running production in a retail or wholesale nursery
• Ability to plan and carry out plant propagation and pest management schedules
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good work ethic with an eye for sales presentation
• Physically fit and hardworking
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team
• Good Australian plant knowledge and identification skills
• Knowledge of garden vegetables
• Highly motivated and able to think for yourself
• Strong computer skills
The role is permanent part-time at four days a week, with an immediate start.
The successful candidate will be paid at or above the Nursery Award, depending on their skill level.
Please send your cover letter and resume to manager(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)armidaletreegroup.org.au