CLOSED: Retail Nursery Supervisor
THIS POSITION IS NOW FILLED
An opportunity exists for a permanent part-time position with the Armidale Tree Group.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic person to join our friendly team. As the supervisor of our retail department, you will be overseeing the propagation and selling of cold-climate native tubestock and herb and veggie punnets for home gardeners. The retail department is the public face of our organisation, and as such, an eye for aesthetics, tidiness and POS displays would be beneficial for the role.
This position will be responsible for a range of objectives including:
- Undertaking the annual planning and propagation of native tubestock, including collection and processing of cuttings, potting up, division, watering, fertilising and pest/weed control.
- Undertaking the annual planning and sowing of herb and vegetable punnets.
- Arrange and maintain the retail nursery space to achieve optimum customer interest and sales.
- Customer service, including till sales and assisting clientele with plant/garden related questions and recommendations.
- Supervision of one part-time staff member, one casual and up to three volunteers (volunteers arrive on alternating days).
- Plan and oversee ordering of plant stock and garden-related products.
- Making up orders and invoicing.
The role is Tuesday-Friday, 9am-5pm, except for the winter months of June-July, when we close at 4pm. The hours are averaged out at 29/week across the year. There is future scope to extend the role to five days a week if desired. We would expect the successful applicant to be able to work a Saturday shift of four hours every three weeks, as part of a rotating roster. The role will will be paid at $24 – $28 per hour, depending on experience.
The successful applicant will be will be physically fit (due to the amount of lifting), and able to work to a high standard without supervision. At a minimum, applicants must have strong experience in the first three objectives, or require minimal training. Previous experience working in a similar role in the nursery industry is necessary. The hourly pay rate will depend upon the experience of the applicant. For a suitably qualified/experienced applicant, there is room for this role to be changed to Retail Coordinator, which will be paid at a higher rate than advertised, subsequent to negotiation.
If you think you have the experience and qualifications we are looking for, please send a current resume with a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role to manager(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)armidaletreegroup.org.au